KNL Networks and Telenor Maritime have joined forces! For more information please visit: https://telenormaritime.com/press-release/knl_acquisition/
We are now strengthening our R&D team in Oulu, Finland
Telenor Maritime is a leading global mobile operator and delivers the best mobile experiences at sea. We develop unique communication and IoT-solutions for critical infrastructures, defense and security and for cruise ships, ferries, supply ships and rigs worldwide.
In our team in Oulu (previously known as KNL Networks), the R&D team is focusing on solutions providing reliable global access to data. The service is based on secure intelligent software defined radio, which enables truly global terrestrial wireless network. The radio and the network are a unique integration of HF-, cellular- and mesh technologies and typically it is used to send IoT data from the vessels or remote locations of critical industry. In governmental applications it enables mission critical communication in all situations. High reliability and cyber security are key requirements for our products and services.
At Telenor Maritime, we are committed to everything we do, our skilled employees are the key to our success. We are constantly developing our working methods to be able to deliver on our customers’ needs. The work environment is recognized by openness, flexibility, and transparency.
We will now strengthen our R&D team in Oulu with a SW Engineer.
SW Engineer works as part of our engineering team to develop software for our radio- and IoT-systems and related services. Tasks can be tailored to your preferred focus areas.
Background and skills we’re looking for:
- Relevant B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree
- At least 3 years of practical experience of SW design projects
- At least Python programming competence, other coding languages are advantage (e.g. web programming, C++ etc.)
- Experience on Linux environment
- Ability to work in an international environment in English
- Understanding of telecommunication systems is appreciated
- Good communication skills
- Good at building relationships
- Adaptable and flexible
- Motivated with a positive and professional attitude creating a good working environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams
- Ability and willingness to learn and use new technologies.
- Interesting and important work with communication technologies in international and dynamic company
- Competitive terms and employee benefits
- Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers
- Positive and exciting work environment
Please send your application and CV to HR@telenormaritime.com by 29.01.2021. We will start interviews already during application period, so please do not hesitate to apply immediately.
For more information on this position, please contact Jukka Rautava, tel +358 40 5715761 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org