KNL Networks is a fast-growing startup operating a unique, state-of-the-art communications network. The company was founded in 2011 and aims to be the leading IoT communications service provider for the maritime industry.
With the ambition that every modern business should be connected, no matter where in the world they operate, KNL Networks has achieved what no one else has been able to do: to provide secure, reliable worldwide communications, without satellites, at reasonable rates by harnessing high-frequency radio waves for long-distance data communications.
Today, the company is headquartered in Oulu, Finland with commercial headquarter in Copenhagen and sales offices in Helsinki, Oslo and London.
As a technology-savvy Product Manager you’ll provide the product’s vision, understand and interpret requirements for our solutions, create the roadmap, and drive its execution. This is a hands-on position working in a fast-paced startup company.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Use market research, customer and competitor insight, partner and user feedback to understand customer needs and align to business resources and goals.
- Work with members of the product management, sales, and engineering teams to build and execute the roadmap as it relates to KNLs IoT Service Platforms, the cornerstone in our global connectivity solution for the maritime industry.
- Be an effective interface between engineering and customers, both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with other members of product management team to ensure the roadmap aligns with other current and future products as needed.
- Identify and manage new features, use cases, and product extensions. Drive ongoing improvements in performance, resiliency, management, and interfaces to 3rdparties.
- Drive ongoing performance and functionality enhancements to the platform.
- Stay abreast of industry advances in IoT technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of technical Product Management experience in Network or Service Provider related companies. Experience with IoT networks and/or the maritime industry is an advantage.
BSEE/CS; MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of service provisioning platforms, portals, management architecture and solutions, as well as familiarity with associated protocols.
- Experience telco grade services and applications.
- Knowledge of telco operator environment and an understanding of the challenges of integration between different vendors and their products.
- Ability to understand technical challenges and work with your team to make decisions based on a balanced trade-off between technical and business/commercial needs.
- Capability to think commercially to drive business cases, product pricing and packaging strategies and margin improvement.
- A track record of delivering successful products to market.
- Ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Proactive, innovative and flexible approach.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Having a Can-Do attitude!
Our ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of networking, the ability to creatively innovate, an eagerness to take on responsibility and learn new skills and a passion for developing world-class products. He/she will enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile organization and creating an exciting, fun, team-oriented environment.
If you’re interested to work for a high-tech startup company where you can make a difference – apply today.