KNL Networks and Telenor Maritime have joined forces! For more information please visit: https://telenormaritime.com/press-release/knl_acquisition/
We are now strengthening our R&D team in Oulu, Finland
Telenor Maritime has since 2004 been at the forefront of developing and defining secure connectivity standards for the maritime business. Today we are the leading global communications partner at sea, serving more than 100 ship owners, and 30 million people on board more than 500 vessels and offshore installations worldwide. Telenor Group is one of the world’s major mobile operators, connecting 180 million customers in 9 markets.
We have high ambitions and have recently entered new markets where we will be able to offer secure, digital communication solutions for the merchant fleet and within critical communication on land. Our vision is to contribute to a greener and sustainable future for the maritime sector by delivering the same quality of mobile services at sea as on land, and to enable digitization that will increase productivity and profitability for our customers.
We are committed to everything we do, our skilled employees are the key to our success. We are constantly developing our working methods to meet our customers’ needs. The work environment is recognized by openness, flexibility and transparency.
Telenor Maritime currently has just over 100 employees in Norway, Sweden, and Finland. Our head office is located in Arendal, Norway. We are part of Telenor Group which is one of the world’s largest mobile operators with 180 million customers in 9 markets. Read more about us at www.telenormaritime.com
We will now strengthen our R&D team in Oulu with a HW/Product Engineer.
HW Engineer participates on our R&D- and manufacturing development in various HW- and other product related activities. In this position, you will be focusing on following tasks:
- HW related fault analyses, repair and testing
- Component analyses, selections and sourcing for R&D
- Field testing, measurements and equipment/proto installation/assembly work
- Product documentation management and development (e.g. specifications, part lists, schematics, drawings, assembly instructions etc.)
- Various HW- design and modification work
- Product training for partners
- Manufacturing support
- Occasionally some travelling is required
Background and skills we’re looking for:
- Suitable B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in electronics or similar
- Electronics design capability
- Familiar with electronics measurement devices
- SW design capability e.g. Python appreciated
- Ability to work in an international environment in English and in Finnish
- Ability and willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Good at communication and relationship building
- Adaptable and flexible
- Motivated with a positive and professional attitude creating a good working environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams also in English
- Interesting and important work with communication technologies in international and dynamic company
- Competitive terms and great employee benefits
- Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers
- Positive and exciting work environment
Please send your application and CV to HR@telenormaritime.com by 28.04.2021. We will start interviews and selection process already during application period, so please apply immediately if you are interested in this position.
For more information on this position, please contact Jukka Rautava, tel +358 40 5715761 or by email email@example.com